On Sunday morning, I sat down in front of my comuter with my first cup of coffee. I checked in on my WordPress blog and then headed over to Foodbuzz.com. I saw a new post from Shay at paperplatesandchina and clicked on it to give it a look. The words Cocoa Chili caught my eye and I thought how yummy that sounded. I couldn’t wait to read her recipe for it and see if it was something I thought my family would try. Also, in her title was, “my very first award.” I knew blogging awards existed, but being new to the blogging world I had no idea what were or what they entailed. You could tell she was super exicted about this, I could only imagine how honored I would be to receive one myself some day.
Shay explained that when you receive this award, you have to pass it along to 15 other bloggers that have sites you really like. You must also tell your readers 7 random things about yourself. She announced she was addicted to Diet Coke. Not so out of the ordinary, I thought, but then I saw that she slept with one beside her bed. Now this made me giggle. Do NOT step between this girl and her Diet Coke!! As I read through her list, I thought of what a nice, little package of information those 7 facts gave about her and her family. I wondered, if ever faced with this task, what 7 things I would choose to tell people about myself. Could I even think of 7 random things about myself that I felt were blogworthy? The time came for her to pass on the award to 15 other bloggers that she felt were deserving of it. I read down the list, wondering what each person’s blog would hold when I clicked on it. Surely, I would find new recipes to try and maybe make a new foodie friend or two. As I reached the bottom of the list, I saw a blog name that looked familiar. I sipped my coffee and stared at the words. It just couldn’t possibly be….could that last blog be MINE? I clicked on the link and sure enough, there was my blog! I almost fell off of my chair, folks. I wanted to jump up and down and shout, but as I was not alone in the room and I didn’t want my family to think I was crazy, I somehow managed to contain myself. MY blog….another blogger actually thought MY blog was worthy of an award. I instantly left Shay a message telling her how honored I was that she would extend this to me. It is now my turn to extend this award to 15 other bloggers. It is now my turn to tell 7 random facts about myself.
Here we go:
1. I am a SAHM of 3, one of which has left the nest. My husband is retired from the Marine Corps. I didn’t have to experience deployments and the like as he had already done 19 years in the service when I met him. I feel like I am very lucky in that aspect, as I don’t know I would have dealt with him being gone for long periods of time. Even though his job right now is far from being 9-5, he home almost every night.
2. I was born and raised in North Carolina. Although Southern girls are supposed to like sweet tea, tomatoes and turnip greens, I despise all three! Well, I like tomatoes if they are cooked…hopefully they are in spaghetti sauce.
3. I am a Disney Freak. Disney World is my favorite place to vacation and is just about the only place we have taken a vacation to in the last 4 years. I speak of Disney every day, usually sing a Disney song every day and see a past vacation photo of Disney every day. You see, these are hanging on my wall, my screensaver on my computer, my wallpaper on my phone…you get the picture. Goofy is my favorite character. I noticed the other day that my Goofy keychain was only Goofy’s head now. I couldn’t locate his body anywhere in my purse so somewhere out there is a headless Goofy. If you find him, please return him to me. Superglue works wonders ya know.
4. I was blessed with two of the most wonderful grandmother’s anyone could have asked for. One was a Southern grandma who made the best cornbread you ever ate. The other was an Italian grandma who made lasagna that no one could hold a candle to. I was lucky enough to have both of them live right next door to us from the time I was 4 years old. I don’t remember either of them ever raising their voice to me or spanking me. They had the patience of a saint and loved their grandchildren more than anything. I miss both of them dearly every single day and wished I had paid more attention to them when they cooked…or sewed…or quilted. If you are blessed with a wonderful grandma people, hang on tight to her and pay attention when she does ANYTHING!
5. One day I would like to own my own business. It would defninitely be something involving cakes, cupcakes and children’s parties. I think it would be a lot of fun to have a place where you could throw themed parties for kids. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to shop for, cook for and decorate for a party. I do love a good Luau.
6. I was really scared to start this blog. It was something I had been wanting to do for quite some time, but didn’t have the confidence to do it. I worried no one would read it and if they did, they wouldn’t like it. I had several Disbuds (these are friends you met through your mutual love of Disney for those of you not familiar with the term) tell me to go for it, even if it was just something for myself. I mean, as long as I liked it and it made me feel better, who else’s opinion mattered, right? Right now I am extrememly happy someone else did read it and liked it!! Thank you, Shay!
7. Wow, my last random fact. What to say here and reveal about myself? I think that in the last couple of weeks, I’ve learned it’s okay to take that leap. That everything may just turn out well in the end. That I shouldn’t focus so much on the negative’s and what if’s. That I have a hand in steering my fate. After 17 days of blogging….so far, so good.
Now, to extend The Versatile Blogger Award to 15 other bloggers: